Display Case for LEGO® Space Galaxy Explorer (10497)
Enhance and display your LEGO® Galaxy Explorer (10497)
Protect your LEGO® Galaxy Explorer (10497) and encase your treasured new LEGO® model , alongside the nostalgic memories of the original 1979 Lego 928 Galaxy Explorer.
Join us and celebrate 90 years of LEGO® with our new Wicked Brick display case. With a 45 degree angled stand, no detail is lost of this scaled up Galaxy Explorer model. Permanently showcase a throwback to childhood memories with our custom made background, inspired by the original box artwork from 1979.
Special features of our display case:
- 100% protection from dust, allowing you to display your LEGO® Galaxy Explorer hassle free.
- Shield your Galaxy Explorer against being knocked and damaged for peace of mind.
- Acrylic stands to support and angle the model at 45 degrees, showcasing the interesting detailing on top.
- Information plaque displaying etched icons and details from the set.
- 10 sets of studs to organise and secure all of the astronaut LEGO® minifigures and the robot helper to the base plate. 4x cut outs for the wheels of the surface rover to secure it in place to stop it rolling.
- 3mm crystal clear Perspex® display case, secured together with our uniquely designed screws and connector cubes, allowing you to easily secure the case to the base plate.
- 5mm black gloss Perspex® base plate.
- 5mm stems to support and angle the set.
- Optional high resolution printed vinyl background, backed onto 3mm black gloss Perspex®
Does the case come with a background design, what are my background options?
Yes, this display case is available with a background. Alternatively, you can choose the clear display case with no background.
A note from our design team:
“We wanted to capture nostalgic memories of the original Lego 928 galaxy explorer and Lego 497 sets. We designed a photo realistic depiction of a moon landing, largely inspired by the original artwork of the Lego 928 model. We had a lot of fun with this background design as it evoked a lot of childhood memories for the team and we’re proud to have captured the fun and feel of the original lego set, whilst also paying homage to it”.
Dimensions (external): Width: 57cm, depth: 29cm, height: 29.3cm
Compatible with Lego Set: 10497
Is the LEGO set included?
They are not included. Those are sold separately. We’re a LEGO affiliate, so if you’re still shopping for the model, we’ve got a link to help you.
Will I need to build it?
Our products come in kit form and easily click together. For some, you may need to tighten a few screws, but that’s about it. And in return, you’ll get a sturdy, dust-free display.